Website Image API, LLC
Ensuring technical needs are met for company and customer requests within a timely fashion as well as monitoring distributed systems for performance and security.
Education and/or Experience:
AA degree or two years of technical experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to follow directions.
- Ability to perform comfortably in a fast paced, deadline-oriented work environment.
- Ability to successfully execute many complex tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work as a team member, as well as independently.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform triage on moderate to complex problems for proper escalation.
- Provide simple fixes for basic server-related problems, and accurately document outages, anomalies, and fixes.
- Participate in a plan for 24×7 customer response to requests for support on system performance issues.
- Answer/respond to incoming requests and resolve customer problems via the telephone, e-mail, and in-person from staff, field offices, and clients, in a courteous manner.
- Monitor distributed computer systems for performance and problem determination, assist in Resolutions.
- Recommend long-term technology solutions in accordance with an understanding of the methodology, architecture, and business needs of the organization.
- The scope of distributed computer systems administration includes but is not limited to Image API internal system needs, customer specific systems, all onsite systems, offsite systems that Image API has been given responsibility and/or the opportunity to manage.
- The type of systems that fall under this scope include but are not limited to PC’s, laptops, printers, facsimiles, scanners, bar-code readers/printers, and other distributed computer equipment. Any related software applications that are associated with this equipment also falls under the scope of this work.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level (installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications
- Execute system modifications to support performance problem resolution as assigned under direction of Manager/Supervisor.
- Help with performance tuning, capacity planning, and systems security as related to distributed computer systems.
- Support maintenance activities and software/hardware updates as assigned.
- Conform to the Systems Development, Problem Management, Change Management, and Corporate Security Policies when resolving assigned production support problems and report.
- Perform bi-annual security updates.
- Daily, monitor the backup profiles and systems for Image API, Inc. and associated systems that fall under the responsibility of the organization.
- Make adjustments for performance and reliability regarding backup and recovery tasks.
- Monitor and perform media exchanges and rotations as needed for backup and recovery tasks.
- Participate in the Image API backup plan utilizing backup and recovery technologies and best practices.
- Perform periodic tests of recovery plans.
- Develop, communicate, and carry out procedures designed to facilitate recovery from database or system failure.
- Participate in the disaster management and COOP development for Image API and customers.
- Work with Project Managers, System Engineers, Software Developers, and appropriate parties to coordinate integration and ensure compatibility of hardware, operating systems, database tools, network, and applications.
- Perform system integration for new and upgraded systems both onsite and offsite locations.
- Participate and lead initiatives to upgrade existing systems for Image API and related customers.
- Interact with application and hardware vendors when required to resolve system issues.
- Document, edit and revise reports and documents, internal and public.
- Establish and maintain a client relationship with a customer service perspective that is professional, courteous and effective with diverse group of systems users.
- Stay current on and adhere to established policies, procedures and documentation.
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems. Develop help sheets and/or frequently asked questions lists for end users for posting on the internal web site.
- Keep track of time for billable and normal working hours.
- Other duties as needed.
Environmental Factors and Physical requirements:
The environmental factors and/or physical requirements of this position include the following: While performing the duties of this job, the associate is required to have ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations; and the ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of 10-50 pounds. Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp. The associate frequently is required to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.imageapi.com/careers/apply/ →