Jr. Site Reliability Engineer
Our Jr. Site Reliability Engineers provide support and coordinates triage efforts to resolve technical issues for enterprise class applications that are hosted in AWS. This position will participate in providing 24×7 on call technical support for client systems. This position should be able to solve problems dealing with complex systems using codified, scripted, or automated solutions.
Education and/or Experience
- BA/BS in computer science is required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to triage complex customer issues in an expedient and professional manner
- Ability to perform comfortably in a fast paced, deadline-oriented work environment
Responsibilities & Deliverables
- Work as a part of service development teams to provide an operations outlook on service availability, and to contribute metrics, monitoring, and alerting solutions directly to the service code base.
- Maintain services by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health, and tune and optimize resource utilization as load patterns fluctuate
- Create and maintain codified CI/CD pipelines for rapidly integrating, validating, and deploying new and existing services
- Create and maintain automated test cases to validate coded solutions
- Assist in researching and applying new Cloud best practices to new and existing services
- Act as a liaison between internal business units and development teams when needed
- Document solutions and techniques for resolving issues, ensuring information is available to the team through technical notes and internal knowledge base
- Participate in on-call rotation as a tier 3 support escalation point.
This position does not qualify for sponsorship