imageapi Image API
- Must reside in the Eastern time zone
- Sponsorship not available for this role
Summary: The Platform Engineer is responsible for administering and maintaining current state enterprise infrastructure resources and platform level operations. This position is a member of the product development team and is focused on providing reliable, scalable, compliant solutions as it relates to AWS cloud infrastructure and best practices, in the form of reusable, codified, scripted or automated components. A successful Platform Engineer has experience defining and building enterprise cloud infrastructure using traditional development practices and can apply these techniques to solve systems/platform related problems. Additionally, this position supports the promotion of a DevOps culture and its associated practices.
Education and/or Experience
- BA/BS in computer science is required
- 2 years of experience with cloud technologies (AWS Professional level certification preferred)
- 2 years of experience supporting large scale applications in an enterprise environment
- Experience building with and maintaining infrastructure as code with frameworks like Terraform, CloudFormation, etc.
- Experience defining and building reliable, scalable, and compliant architecture using cloud technology platforms like AWS
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Working knowledge of cloud infrastructure best practices, adhering to principles governing Cost, Scalability, Reliability, Security & Compliance, and Identity.
- Ability to triage complex customer issues in an expedient and professional manner
- Ability to perform comfortably in a fast paced, deadline-oriented work environment
- Responsible for completing coding assignments related to reusable platform components for consumption by Application Developers, to promote and codify platform/infrastructure architectural best practices.
- Responsible for maintaining and supporting current cloud posture and platform resources.
- Assist in researching and applying new cloud technologies
- Document solutions and techniques, ensuring information is available to the team through technical notes and the internal knowledge base.
- Participate in on-call rotation to triage tier 3 platform/infrastructure incidents.
This role may work remote within the Eastern and Central time zones and does not qualify for sponsorship. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time