imageapi Image API
The Site Reliability Engineer is a part of the product development team and provides a support outlook on application development, contributing operations and development knowledge to solve problems dealing with complex infrastructure to improve performance, visibility, stability, availability and reliability using codified, scripted, or automated solutions.
Education and/or Experience
- 2 years of experience with AWS cloud technologies (AWS Associate level certification preferred)
- 2 years of experience supporting microservices based web applications in an enterprise environment
- 4 years of experience formulating and writing codified solutions in an enterprise development environment
- Experience identifying and implementing high availability, fault tolerance, auto scaling, proactive and reactive scripted solutions, etc.
- BA/BS in Computer Science preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Working knowledge of AWS cloud services and event driven architecture
- Ability to triage complex customer issues in an expedient and professional manner
- Ability to perform comfortably in a fast paced, deadline-oriented work environment
- Analyze existing enterprise applications and write code to improve application performance visibility, as well as enhance reliability of the application
- Utilize development techniques and code to build monitoring and alerting solutions and reactive remediation to improve stability
- Build and maintain continuous integrations and deployment pipelines, scripts, and automated solutions to replace repetitive IT tasks.
- Participate in an on-call rotation as a tier 3 escalation point
- Act as a liaison between internal business units and development teams when needed
- Document reproducible issues in the product bug database
- Document solutions and techniques for resolving issues, ensuring information is available to the team through technical notes and the internal knowledge base
This role may work remote within the Eastern and Central time zones and does not qualify for sponsorship.