Website Image API, LLC
We are looking for a talented and motivated engineer to join our team at Image API who can hit the ground running and take our products to the next level, as we scale up and develop our business in our target markets.
Developers at Image API have a keen sense of how to deliver quality software, development trends, and software development practices. They work in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment that relies on their engineering expertise, flexibility, and cooperation. They are involved in every step of the process for developing products — researching the best possible solutions; determining effort and feasibility; designing, coding, documenting, and testing software; assisting with improving code quality; and contributing to our process and tooling.
We pride ourselves on technical excellence by using continuous delivery practices to improve software delivery speed, working in collaborative, product-focused teams to build innovative customer experiences and utilizing DevOps tools and practices to build and deploy software in the most efficient ways.
Objective: This position orchestrates the development of software solutions, with a focus on the front end, while working with project managers and business analysts throughout the software development life cycle. This position will function as a development team lead, mentoring team members and ensuring best practices, standards and guidelines are followed. Senior developers must understand and demonstrate a commitment to business objectives, realized through solution analysis and scoping during a sales or estimation cycle.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaboratively define requirements and design solutions that meet business and technical objectives
- Develop and implement high-quality software solutions adhering to design specifications to support business requirements
- Lead the development team through mentoring and make sure best practice, standards and guidelines are followed
- Generate technical documentation and contribute to building knowledgebase
- Provide quality assurance review and evaluate existing and new software products and tools and provide recommendations
- Contributes to the development of code assets that can be leveraged by the company
- Improve operations by conducting systems analysis and recommending changes in policies and procedures
- Communicate questions, concerns, progress, and challenges to project manager and/or development director
- Update job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer-science-related field and/or technical degree from an accredited institution.
- 6+ years of programming experience
- 4+ years of experience designing and building web front ends
- 3+ years of experience designing and implementing software solutions
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong design (UI/UX) skills
- Excellent understanding of graphics, layout, typography and UI best practices
- Experience with responsive design
- Experience using prototyping tools
- Experience with web accessibility standards and guidelines (ARIA, WCAG 2.0, ADA Section 508)
- Experience with web frameworks such as React (preferred), Angular, Material-UI, JSS, Jest
- Knowledge of system architecture and software design patterns
Preferred Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience with web technologies such as HTML5, ES6, Node.js, webpack, single-page applications
- Database experience and skills in SQL Server/PostgreSQL
- Experience with team collaboration systems (Bitbucket/git, Confluence, JIRA etc.)
- Experience and knowledge of Agile methodology
- Experience with various ORM tools & cloud techniques
- Understanding of emerging web and mobile development patterns and cloud technologies
- Excellent verbal, listening, and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, cross-functional team environment
This position does not qualify for sponsorship
To apply for this job please visit www.imageapi.com.