Nassau County in New York digitizes records and implements Axiom Pro as an enterprise solution
Image API digitizes and provides enterprise solution to increase security and ease file retrieval
Paper was taking its toll on business processes and budgets in Nassau County. To start, a file room of probation records occupied a large space – square footage that could be used for other activities – and the manual processes in place to manage those records were time-consuming and error-prone. Files were difficult to locate and were often lost or misplaced. The Department was ready to move away from paper-based records management system to a digital solution.
Image API digitized probation records located in a file room that monopolized an entire floor of the County’s office building. Image API also implemented a solution to handle the daily influx of new records – Axiom Capture™ and Axiom Pro®, digital capture and content management solutions.
The value delivered for Nassau County? Automation and improved access to records across County agencies. In addition, the solution increased security, accuracy, and efficiency for records management processes.
“We were so pleased with this project that we elected to make the Image API solution the county enterprise-wide standard.”
- IT Project ManagerNassau County
Image API has since implemented Axiom Pro for Assessment, Assessment Review Commission, Medical Examiner, Taxi and Limo Commission, Traffic & Parking Violations, Department of Public Works, Probation, IT Vouchers, IT Contracts, Purchasing, Civil Service, Treasury, and Veterans Service Agency.
- Labor intensive, manual processes were time consuming
- Paper files were often lost or misplaced
- Too much expensive office space was devoted to ever-increasing file storage
- Go paperless
- Implement Axiom Capture to digitize incoming probation records
- Implement Axiom Pro to manage digital probation records
- Eliminated the physical file room and restored entire floor of office building
- Improved access to records across County agencies
- Increased security, accuracy, and efficiency for records management processes